Thursday, July 13, 2006

A little improvement

Ok, hit the park around 6:10 am. At 6:05, temp was 74 with 99% humidity. Last night I was talking to my friend about how hard the previous day's workout was. She pretty much told me to "Suck it up. It's summer. Deal with it." Of course, she didn't say it that way, but that's how I heard it. And I needed to hear it that way, too.

Ran the first mile non stop. I was drenched. Did my 4:1 intervals for the remaining two miles. By mile 3 I just wanted to get in my car and go home, but then I kept hearing, "Chicago. Flat course. October. No 99% humidity. This humidity is actually to your advantage." So I kept going. I even had to get a drink from the water fountain, but I kept going.

Time. (roughly) 38.28 (12:49 min/mile)
Ran mile 1 11:47.

So it was a good day. :)

No comments: