Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I conquered my first mountain

It was a mountain to me but to others it is a hill. It's a steep hill but a hill none the less.

I did not get out there on yesterday because the night before I was at the hospital with my dear friend, hubby and family. She was in labor with her beautiful daughter, Lyric. I didn't get to witness the event, but I hung out as long as I could. By 2:00 am, I had to leave.

When I arrived home had power. But when I woke up, our power was out and I was too tired to do anything. That evening, I went to the hospital to get my "baby fix" and extend more congrats to the mom and dad. Our power came back on midway yesterday afternoon, so I just got milk, sandwich meat and minimal things to tie us over until I make the true shopping list. We have to pretty much replace everything. But it's still good to have a list just the same.

But today, I was up and at them at 6:15 am. I decided to stay in my neighborhood today instead of going to the park. So I ran the first 10 minutes straight through which included the mountain.

I call it a mountain because back in the early months, this hill was highly avoided by everyone in our house. To even walk it is somewhat of a strain. When I was running for 30 seconds, I only got half way through it and had to walk the rest completely out of breath. It's a HILL.

So when I got to the bottom of the hill, my thoughts were to just see how far I could go. "I ran and I ran and I ran." (You've got to also use the Forest Gump accent too) until I reached the top of the hill. I was like, Wow! I've come a long way. God is good. With doing that hill twice, I ran to the park, which is 1/2 mile from the house. By then, I needed to get back home since the big shots are coming into work today, so only tracked 2.5 miles today.

Here are the stats.

2.5 miles 44:03 More walking recovery after the hill time.
Pace: 17:37 min/mile (WHOA!! I need some help).

1 comment:

Mmem said...

That is a great workout!!!!!!!!!!! You made it up the mountain! I am still scared of hills, lol.

Congrats!