Monday, July 17, 2006

It's like a heat wave...

Well this weekend was a scorcher. On Saturday, I attempted to do my 8 miles. Walked to the park to start off and got distracted by a garage sale.

I just so happened to have money on me and got a nice camcorder for CHEAP. I was too excited as I left my deposit for the camcorder and proceeded to the park. It was around 7:45 am. Temperature 77 degrees and 99% humidity. I completed my first mile and had to stop, but was doing great on time. By mile 2, I remembered that I needed some milk for the boys' breakfast, so in a walk break I called DH, who was on his way home from running an errand.

Me: "Where are you?"
DH: "On my way home, why?"
Me: "Can you stop by the store and get some milk?"
DH: "Where are you?"
Me: "On mile number 2 and it's hot."
DH: "I thought we were going to go out this evening when it cooled down?"
Me: "We were? I thought I mentioned that I just wanted to get this out of the way. Did I mention that it's hot?"
DH: "Stop, don't you know it's hot out there. Where are you now?"
Me: "I'm stopping and waiting for you to pick me up.."

And so he picked me up and I went home to prepare breakfast for my family, with no milk either. :)

And did we make it out that evening? No, because it was hot... I think I've said that before. On Saturday the temperature got up to 95 with heat index of 99 and 99% humidity. Heat advisory. No one was outside at all.

DH did his 3 miles on yesterday at 9:30 pm. So we didn't do the 8 and we have another group run on Saturday..

Prayerfully, this weather will let up. Our coach said to just stick with the schedule. If we miss one week on the long runs then it's ok. Stay tuned.

No comments: