Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The air was so thick...

Well I skipped yesterday. My 7th grade science teacher, Mr. Turk, would always say "Excuses are only made to satisfy yourself." but honestly, these are valid ones, at least I think so.

Excuse #1. It was raining too hard. At 6:30 am, it was a downpour at our house and the bed was not letting me go. So I said, I'll do it in the afternoon.

Excuse #2. I got a call from my dear friend who's about to become a mother any day. She asked me to take her to her hospital tour since her hubby had to work late.
Here's the conversation.
"Hey"
"Hey, What's up."
"You doing anything tonight?"
(Thought..Well I was planning on running since it rained on me this morning but..)"No, why?"
"Well, was wondering if you wanted to go on this hospital tour with me.."
and the rest as they say is history. So that's why I skipped.

Now, today, was a different story. Woke up and got to the park at 6:30 am. Ran my first mile straight through at 11:40 then did the 4:1 on the rest. I was thinking that this run was extremely hard. Maybe because I took 2 days off, but it was just tough. Well I finished in 41:53 (13:56 mile/min pace) and then I called time/temp when I got in the car. It was 76 degrees with 99% humidity. Can you believe that. That's part of the reason. So I don't feel too bad about my time. Whew...

No comments: