Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Well heading into September

We are 7 weeks 4 days away from the Chicago Marathon. I can't believe it. The long runs are getting longer. DH and I are training and are determined to finish in the time allotted by our coach.

I did 2.3 miles today straight through. I couldn't do the entire 3 due to time, but I am happy that I was able to run 29:52 without stopping. Well, I stopped for a second, just to see how far I'd gone. I was going for 30 minutes, so I'll take this time.

My pace was 12:59 min/mile. The weather was great. Nice and cool.

1 comment:

Haight said...

Nice work. Last year was my first (jury is still out if it will be my only) marathon. It takes baby steps at first. It looks like you're headed in the right direction.

Lots of bloggers heading to Chicago for the marathon this year. Keep an eye out for them. I'm sure there will be some sort of get together prior to the race :)