Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Right in my own back yard

Well, I have not done anything since last Thursday. Yesterday, I slept in and had intentions of going out in the evening. I'm kinda getting a little burned out, but keep remembering that the marathon is only 9 weeks away. This has to be normal...

So today I decided to have a little change of scenery. I am fortunate to work next to one of the greatest monuments in the US. So I ran around the perimeter of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. We call it The Arch. What a thrill. I see the Arch just about everyday. But the only time I get up close is when we have visitors. Today, I wanted to get a glimpse myself and what a view. The park is well shaded with trees so not too much sun until you get right along side the Arch itself. I only did one lap. That's a little over a mile. And I ran about 0.5 miles from the parking garage to the Arch. So I think I did about 2 miles today. I don't have a pace or anything. I just know that I needed to be at my desk by a certain time. We have showers in our building's gym so that's where I freshened up. The whole process took me an hour. So whenever I am in need of a change of pace, that is definitely an option.

2 comments:

jeanne said...

hey, thanks for the comment! Good luck with your training. hang on there!
:)

Mmem said...

Good for you, getting out at work, and wow, what a great site to run in!