Thursday, August 10, 2006

Something from Heaven to cool me off...

Well, this is what is going on. My BIL is out of town fullfilling best man duties for a dear friend. He won't be back until next week. So morning and evening runs are squashed due to babysitting. The only way I can run is before I pick the boys up after work. I didn't get out there on Tuesday. But yesterday, I was determined to at least get in one mile before I picked up the boys.

I first stopped off at the college campus to run around the track, but the entrance was closed.

I finally went back to my park. I felt the drizzle as I got out of the car. I've got to at least get one mile in or else, it's not good. Something was pulling me out of the car to get moving.

With each trot, the rain came down harder and harder. Dripping in my eyes. Covering my glasses. Drenching me as I breathed in and out. But I ran. And as I heard the thunder, I was reminded of what I tell the boys. "Thunder is God clapping his hands." Maybe God was saying, "Way to go girl. I know you can do it. Keep going." So I ran. I stopped for a brief second, just so I could see. Then I got to my car to go home and quickly dry off before picking up the boys.

It was a good day.

1 mile 11:15

1 comment:

Mmem said...

Awesome pace, too!!

That is so cool, you ran in the rain. It's meaningful. Cleansing, even!

Sounds mighty cool! WTG:)