Tuesday, September 05, 2006

We're really counting down now...

We only have around 6 more weeks to go before hitting the pavement in Chicago. This weekend was pretty hectic for us due to other activities outside of the training. The long run was scheduled for 17 miles, but due to prior commitments, I was only able to get 12 miles on my legs. That is a lot. But I got an email from a fellow teammate explaining the necessity of these long runs and they are crucial. From all of the reading, you can not afford to cheat on the long runs. So I am really counting on some grace on this last one.

I didn't even track my time on this run. All I know is that I completed 12 miles, or two laps, around the park.

We had our group meeting on Sunday to tie down the logistics. I must admit, the stomach was beginning to churn a little bit. But I have to just trust that what I am doing will provide the outcome that is expected at the end.

1 comment:

J~Mom said...

Great job!! I have only been at this for a few months so those 12 miles seem really long! I hope to run that far some day!! Way to go!!