Friday, September 08, 2006

Things I've discovered...

First, if you are reading this and found me by way of my letter, thanks so much for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time out to see how things are going.

Well, I did 17 miles today. 15 run/walk, 2 straight walk. I was alone. No hubby, just me. And this is what I've discovered. Training for a marathon is hard. Not on the body, per say, but on the MIND. That is what truly needs to be in training.

The first lap was as expected. Lap 2 was harder. By the third lap, I just don't know what happened but the balloon deflated. I got to the 2.5 mile turnaround and did just that. I won't even post my time.

I'm not whining, because these long runs are suppose to serve as our 'practice' for the final long run in October. I am just humbled once again by those who can run the whole thing in 2 hours. The hours of dedication to diet, training, lifestyle that is committed is humbling.

So, I have another long run next Saturday. It's with the group and hopefully my DDH will be by my side, or at least within eye view.

When I got home, I told him, "I needed you today." He didn't say anything. He didn't have to.

3 comments:

Mmem said...

Girl, you ran SEVENTEEN MILES! I can't imagine how hard that was (yes, more so on the mind, I imagine).

I tell you this, I am moved by your journey. Keep it up, take heart, look what you have accomplished to-date, wow.

J~Mom said...

I think it's so great that you get to run with DH!! I keep nagging mine! Maybe some day!

You are doing awesome!! WOW!! 17 miles!! I went back and read some of your archives and you have come a long way in such a short time!! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

It's Peg! I'm so proud of you.