Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

To Everyone, I hope that 2007 will be a year of health, peace, and happiness. I've been on vacation, catching up with family and friends. I've also finished a great book, "Marathoning for Mortals". This book has inspired me so much that me and my hubby are definitely registering for the St. Louis HM. It also give a great game plan that fits in with my lifestyle. I just ask that Team HM Express will help me with the accoutability component that I need. Thanks to everyone for your comments and kind words. Between the 16th and today, my weight is the same, so that's good.

To start off the new year, I will also post a ORN as well. Got that from Wes, who got it from the Penguin. :)

Today, I exercised and felt like I was starting from scratch. Yet I wasn't. Last year, I couldn't go 30 seconds. Today, I lasted around 14 minutes before taking my first walk break. Since I haven't done anything in 2 months, it's just a matter of time to wake my body up.

ORN: Ran/Walked 2 miles. Will not post time yet... Just glad I got out there.

6 comments:

Wes said...

What's good for the Penguin is good for us. Happy New Year!! We'll be there for ya every step of the way! St. Louey here you come!!

J~Mom said...

WOOHOO!! What a great run! Two miles is a great spot to start from! Don't even worry about the times right now!

teacherwoman said...

Nice job, Boatgirl! Way to get out there and just do it! I can't wait to hear more about your HM training! :)

TX Runner Mom said...

Sounds like a great run to me...glad you're back out there!

Erica said...

I agree with the others. Way to get out there! I feel sort of like I am starting from scratch too, but as I look back to day one I'm also not. It is always good to look back and see how far we've come.

Mmem said...

She's back!!!!!!!!! I can't even imagine getting to where you were a few months ago, girl. Welcome back!

:-)