Sunday, January 07, 2007

The training starts....

NOW!

Last week, I started the 14 week countdown towards the STL HM, and I realized something. I need to start this week. As of tomorrow... Yikes.

Soooo, I am off. I did the dreadmill on last Thursday for about 20 minutes to get the soreness out and I've done nothing since then. Over the weekend some personal matters have come up, so training next week may not be as productive as I would like. HOWEVER, I am not giving up hope. In "Marathoning for Mortals", John Bingham says, if you miss a day of training, don't try to make it up, just keep going. And that' s the attitude that I am going to take. One day at a time.

So, that's it for now.

ORN: None today. Did 20 minutes on Thursday. Did not track distance.

4 comments:

Mmem said...

WTG easing back into it! I just bought Marathoning for Mortals today. I think that is the plan I will follow for my HM (April 29, I have to start pronto, too!).

I am excited for you!

teacherwoman said...

Good luck with the training! You have a great attitude, keep it up!

J~Mom said...

One day at a time is all we can do. Just keep moving forward. :>)

Wes said...

Sounds like a good start to me! Kudos to you for taking the first step!!