Saturday, December 16, 2006

Oh NOOO

I am in a quandry. I've gained 8 of my marathon pounds back in less than 2 months. I am not looking for sympathy, I am just looking for a place to just put it out there so I can get back on track. I have not run since November, and that's part of it. As my friend pointed out, my lifestyle is active, but not in the form of aerobic activity. Sooo I am committing to doing something, and I need this blog to help me do so.

Also, I am Hemming and Hawing about the HM in April. I need it for the fitness but I am looking at school and other things that we have going on. Training for 13 miles should not be that bad if my goal is simply to finish. My original goal is to improve and that is what I want to do. Ok, if you are reading this and shaking your heads now, I don't blame you. I'll keep you posted on whether or not I register. The price goes up after 1 January.

5 comments:

Neese said...

half and full marathons both are big time commitments, not that the actual runs really take that long, but you have to keep your head in the game and if you have a busy schedule things can get crazy. You know your life best if it's the right time. Longer runs will shed some pounds though :o)

J~Mom said...

I am not shaking my head I just want you around to train with. It is hard to find the right balance. Let us know what you decide!

Erica said...

You can get back in the groove. Signing up for a race is just the beginning. It will be harder to run a half with no training. I signed up for a half also. Mine is in May and it will be my first. I plan on starting my training on Jan. 8. I have gained 7 of my pre-running pounds back and I have only ran once in the month of December. What is it with winter anyway? It seems it takes me all year to lose a few pounds so I can gain it back in the last two months.

Mmem said...

Major GL with your decision, I know it is A BIG one! I have been wavering the last few weeks. I am taking a class, too, it is not easy to fit it all in, but I think I'm going to try for it. At least we don't have to go on weekend 20 milers like you USED to do for Chicago!!!

Think about it...rooting for you!

TX Runner Mom said...

I feel your pain with the weight gain. I am going back to weight watchers for the 1st time in almost 2 months and I am scared! Hang in there on the training...I will be reading to find out what you decide.