Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Be Thankful

If you are sitting in your home and have heat be thankful. Our family survived one of the worst ice storms in the midwest history, and we are without power. It has been 4 days now, but without complaints. I am just in awe of the people that God has place in my life and the life of my family. He really does take care of us and I do not take it for granted. Our friends have taken us in and let us feel the warmth of their hearts and their homes. For that I am blessed.

So no running for me. I haven't ran in almost a month, and I am gaining my weight back, particularly in the middle. That seems to be my spot. So I need to get on the WannaBe5Ker plan. She is rockin' it. :)

Hugs and Stay Warm...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have missed you! I am glad you have people that are taking care of you!! Stay warm and run again when you can!

Wes said...

Yes, she is. What a great example! Stay safe out there in cold land!

Mmem said...

Boatgirl, it is YOU who is a great example. That you even THINK about others while you are dealing with all you are right now is amazing to me.

Um, that and the fact that you ran 20 miles farther than my farthest run ever. You, girl, are a rock star.

Please be warm and stay safe in all that bad weather and its aftermath. I am indeed grateful for the heat, food & shelter in this freezing weather. I am glad He has put angels in place for you and your family right now.

Peace.