Thursday, November 09, 2006

Crunch, Crunch, Crunch

Today was DH's day to take the boys to preschool. I admit that I've done nothing related to running since the marathon. So after almost 3 weeks of rest, I laced up and headed for the park. My goal was to run 30 minutes straight through. I was not concerned about distance.

I arrived at the part at 6:50 am. The weather was perfect. The crunch of the leaves under my feet were so refreshing. And I ran. But I felt tired. My body was saying, "Are we doing this again?" But I was determined to not give in.

After the 2nd mile, I had about 4:30 minutes to go, and I decided to stop. That was because I was running late for work and needed to head back home. But when I finished I didn't feel too labored. I was relaxed. I talked to a neighbor along the course. I was feeling strong.

I'm convinced that my goal of running the 13.1 straight through is not unrealistic.

So I did 2 miles with an estimated pace of 13:15 minutes/mile.

Feeling good too.

6 comments:

Dee Dee said...

Hey Val yep it a small world. I am the same one you worked with in Alabama Mobile that is. Congrats on your Marathon. Here you joined Hm express . Will enjoy talking to you soon.

teacherwoman said...

Congrats with your marathon! How exiting!

Anonymous said...

Way to get back out there!! Sounds like a nice run!

Wes said...

Ease back into it and have fun! You can whatever you set your mind to!

Mmem said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are back at it!

Awesome! Welcome back:-)

Anonymous said...

ahh the crunch of the leaves, fall is such a splendid time to run, good job!