Monday, October 02, 2006

20 More days to go...

Well first off, thanks to everyone who has given me words of encouragement and exhortations to keep going. The key is to endure to the end.

We finished the 20 miler on Saturday. Two seconds were shaved off from the 18 miler two weeks ago. Two seconds means a lot to me. I'll take what I can get.

We finished in just under 5 hours. Doing the marathon tortoise style. My DH said that it hurts his knees when we do the run/walk. It's better for him to just keep going and stop at the end. He can do it too. So I'll keep him in my view. Don't want to hold him back.

I'm sorry I don't have more, but I'm just in awe that I typed that I ran/walked 20 miles. I won't lie. It was not fun. But in 20 more days, we'll do our last big long run.

Now we start the taper. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Mmem said...

Holy Toledo, you ran 20 miles, whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the taper, you are almost there, girl! 20 days!!

Woo hoo!

Mmem said...

How you doing, Boatgirl???

You've prepared, you are ready! Have a great marathon!!!!