Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Twelve Miler...

Our group training this time was pretty special. We completed two laps around Forest Park and no body was carried away in the ambulance. :). However, when I got home, I felt like I was hit by a truck and am sore today too. But it's a good kind of sore, if that makes sense...

I'm up to 3.5 minutes of running and 1.5 minutes of walking, and finished my two laps in 2:41. It's roughly 6 miles per lap so at this pace, I'm roughly around 14 minutes/mile. Still room for improvement. But the Chicago Marathon is not until October 22 and this is training. We'll get there.

Our coach, Pat, is awesome! She wants us to finish the race in 6 hours so both Kwabe and I have a lot of work to do on our speed. This week, I'm going to increase my running by 30 seconds. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but considering 4 months ago, I felt as if I was going to collapse after 30 seconds of running, I feel like an Olympian.

I tell you, it has only been by the grace of God that all of us has made it this far. Our group is so jazzed. Please keep us all in your prayers.

I'll post again soon.

1 comment:

Mmem said...

I know that good kind of sore!!

Wow, you went 12 miles, wow wow wow!

I will follow your progress, keep up the good work.:)