Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tuesday -- June 27

Well, I completed the three miles today and surprisingly my aches went away. The run actually helped me out a lot. I also bumped up my run walk ratio to 4:1 intervals. A friend suggested that I walk from the house to the park where I start as my warm-up, stretch and start my time once I start running. When I did that I clocked it at 0:39:40. My speed is creeping up. Since I am a lover of numbers, I went back to a cool website to calculate my pace for the day. It averaged to be around 13:13 min/mile. So there is a small piece of improvement. We'll take all the small victories that we can. Besides the morning was gorgeous. The temperature had to be around high 60s loow 70s. I think that helped out a lot too. Hanging in there. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Mmem said...

Wow, 13 min mile, bravo!!!!

Can't believe you are running a marathon, that is so cool. Keep it up!

Mrs. Snark said...

You're doing great! Did I miss where you said what marathon you are training for?

Keep up the great work!

boatgirl said...

You are very kind. Now, I'm a little nervouse that you posted my blog on yours as a link. I'll track your progress as well.

boatgirl said...

Michelle, we're training for Chicago. Thanks for the encouragement.